Visa SponsorshipVisa Online

Nigerians can Apply for UK Health Care Workers Visa Online

UK Health Care Workers Visa

Are you a healthcare professional from Nigeria who is open to moving to the UK? Are you a healthcare worker from Nigeria looking for job in the UK?

Do you intend to move to the UK to work as a healthcare assistant and are you a Nigerian? The instructions you need to finish the application procedure are in this post.

Nevertheless, if one follows the stages and directions exactly, the entire process isn’t that difficult or laborious.


In the UK, a healthcare assistant may also be referred to as an auxiliary nurse or nursing assistant. In addition to providing professional supervision for patients receiving care in hospitals or other medical settings, they also collaborate closely with patients to support their comfort, safety, and recuperation.

UK QUALIFICATIONS as a Healthcare Assistant

If you’re from Nigeria and would like to work as a Healthcare Assistant in the UK, you don’t necessarily need a tonne of degrees because most caregiving positions include tight supervision and on-the-job training.

But if you possess any of the following, you are at a distinct advantage:

  1. Care Certificate (available from UK training providers approved by Health Education England, or HEE).

2. Health and Social Care Diploma

3. Grades 9–4 (A–C) GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education)

4. SSCE or WAEC can be used as comparable credentials in the healthcare field.

There are no prerequisites for a position as a healthcare assistant, with the exception of the things mentioned above that some employers may require.


As a Nigerian, you most surely need a visa in order to work in the UK. from the different kinds of visas that are offered. The skilled worker visa, formerly known as the Tier 2 visa, offers the finest visa for this position: the “Health and Care Worker visa.”

Medical professionals can enter or remain in the UK to work in adult social care for the NHS or one of its suppliers with a Health and Care Worker visa.

This means that you should search for positions as a healthcare assistant in the NHS, with NHS suppliers (businesses that supply the NHS with medical services), or in adult social care. Hospitals, nursing homes, and in-home healthcare providers are some possible employers.

Required Documents For UK Health and Care Worker VISA APPLICATION

Your certificate of sponsorship reference number (your employer will give it to you)

  1. Evidence of your fluency in English

2. A current passport or other proof of identity and nationality

3. Your position title and yearly pay

4. The occupation code (6141) for nursing assistants and auxiliaries at your place of employment

5. Your employer’s name and sponsor licence number, which ought to be on your sponsorship certificate.

6. If you do not already have a certificate of sponsorship, ask your company for one.


Depending on the number of years you choose to pay for when submitting your application, the visa may be valid for up to five years. When your visa expires, or if you have a new job or company, you should update or extend it.

Who is Qualified to Apply For UK Health and Care Worker visa?


To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you are likely to need to be:

1. A Doctor

2. A Nurse

3. A Health care provider

4. An adult social care professional

5. Work in a health or social care job

Does my eligibility to apply for a visa as a health and care worker depend on a job offer?

You must have a verified employment offer in addition to a “certificate of sponsorship” from a UK employer detailing the position you have been offered within the country in order to be eligible for a visa. Verification that the employment offer is from an authorised UK employer and the minimal wage scale.

To be eligible for a Health and Care Worker visa, You must have EMPLOYER’S APPROVAL.

Since approved employers are paying for your travel or accommodations while you are in the UK, they are also considered sponsors.

A UK immigration/Home Office-approved employer has been verified. If your employer satisfies the eligibility conditions and is not yet approved by the UK home office, they must apply for a sponsor licence. A fee of £536 will be required from small enterprises and charitable groups, and £1,476 from medium-sized and big organisations. The average processing time for a licencing application is eight weeks.


They (your sponsor) will make sure you meet the eligibility standards if you already have an employment offer. A “certificate of sponsorship” will be provided to you so that you can demonstrate this.

Instead of being a tangible document, the sponsorship certificate is an electronic record. It will have a reference number on it, which you will require when applying for a visa. Following the receipt of your sponsorship certificate, you have three months to apply for your visa.


When you apply, you must demonstrate your proficiency in the English language. It is required of you to demonstrate that you can read, write, speak, and comprehend English at least at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).


The application price for a Health and Care Worker visa is £232 if you plan to stay in the country for up to three years, and £464 if you plan to stay for longer.

When you arrive in the UK, you will need to show that you can support yourself for a month by having at least £1,270 in your bank account.

Alternatively, your sponsorship certificate needs to attest to the fact that your employer can assist you.


If you are a parent or have a partner, you will also have certain expectations that must be met in that regard. As soon as the applicant starts the application, they will become aware of the details.


Additionally, unless your certificate of sponsorship indicates that your employer can support you, you may be required to present documentation proving you have sufficient personal savings to sustain yourself in the UK, such as bank statements.

Evidence of your relationship with your spouse, if they are applying with you, or your child(ren). a test result for TB. You must obtain $150 for your exam from the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) in Lagos or Abuja, and $60 for your dependent (under the age of 11).

A criminal record certificate (you must present a certificate from each nation you have resided in if you have lived in more than one). A certificate from any nation you have lived in for 12 months or longer, if you are under 28, is required.

A certificate from each country you have lived in for the past ten years is required if you are older than 27. If your degree is from outside the UK, you will need to apply for a UK NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centre) reference number, which you can obtain through the UK NARIC visas and Nationality Service. A page in your passport that isn’t utilised for your visa

But, if you think you could run into trouble or make a mistake, acquire expert assistance from a VISA processing company. In order to prevent information conflicts, try to make sure that all the details you provide are accurate. The UK Home Office may share your information with other public and private sector organisations in the UK and abroad, and they will use the personal information you provide to determine whether to approve your application.


Step-by-step instructions for submitting an application for a UK healthcare assistant visa

There are a few more options, but this is the one I am familiar with and can provide accurate information about. I’ll also provide pertinent links.

Get an international passport first,

1. Take the IELTS English language exam through the British Council’s UKVI. You should have a minimum total score of 4.5, with no band falling below 4.0. To register, visit the British Council website at The registration number is N89500.

The NARIC/ECCTIS evaluation can be completed in place if you hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree. You will need your degree certificate, transcripts, and a letter indicating the medium of instruction. It costs £147.50. I will write another post outlining the steps involved.

NARIC is valid for life, while IELTS is valid for two years.

2. To obtain a care certificate, sign up for a care course. Use or to do this. By the way, it weighs between ten and fifteen pounds. 15 topics are covered. Obtain your credential.

3. Create a care assistant CV that follows UK standards. Experience is essential, so if you lack it, volunteer for three months at a hospital or hospice and request a letter of recommendation afterwards.
I’ll suggest that you either look for samples online and modify them to fit your needs, or you may have a professional make one for you.

4. Begin submitting applications for care jobs on Indeed and other platforms. Many people have found employment by DMing recruiters on LinkedIn. The approved sponsors’ link is provided below.

4. Get a tuberculosis certificate at Isaac John, Ikeja GRA, Lagos (N23120 for children under 11 years old, and N57200 for adults) and take a tuberculosis test at an international organisation for migration health assessment.

5. Obtain a police clearance certificate online at the possag website, or in Alagbon, Lagos, or Abuja; this costs between $35 and $45k.

6. Obtain an international driver’s licence; the cost ranges from $8 to $15k, depending on who you meet at FRSC or Alagbon.

7. Keep up your diligent job application efforts on the websites, conduct online research, and if you are chosen for further consideration, you will receive an offer of employment after an interview. A certificate of sponsorship is known as a CoS.

8. Read extensively to get ready for the interview.

9. As soon as you start working or receive your CoS, ask your employer for your certificate of sponsorship reference number.

10. Your annual income and work title

11. Find the occupation code for your job, etc.

After that, apply for your UK visa using all of those.

You can bring your family with you if you have a healthcare visa, and guess what? There is no IHS required and the visa price is subsidised. You’ve also on the part of ILR and citizenship.

Accurate information can be gotten from the home office website

Goodluck!  Feel free to ask questions below.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button